- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup minced jalapeño peppers
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cup s yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs granulated sugar
- 2 tbs light corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In medium bowl, sift together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, chili powder and salt. In separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter and corn syrup.
2. With rubber spatula, fold egg mixture into cornmeal mixture; mix until just combined. Fold in jalapeño peppers.
3. Spray 8x8-inch baking dish with nonstick baking spray. Pour mixture into prepared dish. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool and cut into squares. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.