- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 large tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 T-Bone steaks, at least 1 1/2 inches thick
Brush steaks with olive oil, and rub all over with crushed garlic. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper. Let them stand at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place steaks on grill, and grill 9 to 11 minutes until steaks 135°F on an internal meat thermometer for medium-rare doneness, turning once.
Transfer steaks to platter, and let rest 5 minutes. Keep warm.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Core tomatoes with a small sharp knife. With a large spoon, scoop out about 1 tablespoon pulp from each tomato, and discard pulp.
In a bowl, stir together cheese and dried breadcrumbs. Put 1 slice of garlic in each tomato cavity, and spoon in the cheese mixture. Drizzl with olive oil. Place tomatoes in a roasting pan, and roast in the oven 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and the breadcrumbs begin to brown. Serve with steaks.