- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup crushed ginger snaps
- 1/3 cup low fat milk
- 1/4 cup packed plus 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tbs cornstarch
- 2 tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs butter, diced
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/4 cup s fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°; line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper or nonstick foil. In medium bowl, with hands, mix 1 tablespoon brown sugar, flour, butter and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon just until combined. Add ginger snaps and mix until combined. Spread ginger snap mixture in single layer on prepared baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in baking pan on wire rack 15 minutes.
2. In small saucepot, whisk together lemon juice, cornstarch, and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add blueberries and cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until blueberries start to break open and mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Transfer blueberry mixture to medium bowl and refrigerate 20 minutes.
3. In blender, pulse ice cream, milk and 1 cup blueberry mixture, then blend until smooth. Fold in 1/3 cup ginger snap mixture and remaining blueberry mixture. To serve, spoon ice cream-blueberry mixture into glasses and sprinkle with remaining ginger snap mixture.