- 1 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 bone-in loin pork chops, 1-inch thick
1. Combine the brown sugar, salt, pepper, allspice and thyme leaves in a small bowl. Rub both sides of pork chops with herb mixture. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes. Discard any remaining herb mixture.
2. Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Pat pork chops dry while being careful not to remove the rub. Grill chops, over direct heat, turning once, to medium rare doneness about 4-5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 145° F, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Pork Board, http://www.porkbeinspired.com